Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,360 Posts
DARE is a way for police to get kids to rat out their family members & adult friends. I took it when I was in school! They also do teach you to identify different drugs and what they're called & how they're used. I do remember thinking it was so weird to get told in every class, "If you know anyone who uses these things, please come tell me [policeman] so we can help them,". Yay right! I think there are much better ways a cop could be using his time than trying to get kids to turn in their parents!

· Registered
3,360 Posts
I remember that the officers used to tell us to watch out for the drug dealers, b/c they loved to prey on children. They would supposedly come to the playground and try to give us free drugs to get us hooked, so we'd want to buy more from them! :LOL :LOL
That had me a bit scared as a youngster. But now I just think it's hilarious. As someone who's been friends with so many 'drug' users, I'd have to just laugh if I heard of any drug dealer who thought an elementary playground would be a good spot to find customers!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.