Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen so many mamas here that have pulled their child out of this program.

My children are going to a public charter school starting in August.

Please tell me what is wrong with this program? Why would you pull you child out of it?

I want to be prepared and armed when/if the time comes.

TIA!!!

· Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I talked to the secretary at ds's school yesterday. They do, indeed, have a DARE program. STarting in 4th and 5th grade. He's going into 4th.

They also have a sex ed class starting in the 4th grade. Called Health. They said we could look over all the material and preview the video (which you know we will)

My gut tells me the DARE program will be ok. I mean, they've already spent the money. I don't want my son to do drugs. So I must be missing the part where it's bad.

? for moms whose children have gone through the program: Is it a one day/week/month long thing? How long is the police officer actually talking with the children?

· Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dh and I had a long discussion about both the DARE program and the Sex Ed program. We will probably pull him out of both.

It boiled down to the school should teach the 3 R's and we, the parents, will teach morality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.