Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm on the tail-end of the flu myself right now, DD tested positive for flu yesterday. My doc said tamiflu is not for babes under 1 (as mine is), and that it's only beneficial to adults if given w/i the 1st 48 hrs. or so. (Made me so mad since I *was* at the doc then, but they didn't test me for it, even though I have a 6.5 mon.-old. GRrr.) But as far as breastfeeding goes, it's pretty standard. They don't know how much goes in breastmilk, but it's probably negligible. Hope this helps. I know--oh I know!--that the flu sucks. As my doctor said (when I went back to her later in the week with a horrible cough), a couple days into the flu, and you understand why some older people die from it. Hope she avoids it and her DC gets better soon. Sorry about TMI--I've been cooped up with the babe all week.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info....they are about 24 hours in and she can't get her lll leaders for info. And there is nothing on kellymom.<br><br>
hope you are all on the mend.

·
Premium Member
17,826 Posts
She could try a homeopathic remedy. It's oscillosomething, can' remember the name exactly. But homeopathics have no side effects and from what I understands this one is unbelievable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts