Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm nursing my 9 month old son, and my 4 year old daughter.   I'll try to explain really fast before baby wakes up, otherwise I won't get a chance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The problem is, I feel pain during breastfeeding.  I have ever since I started 4 years ago.  I feel pain with both kids.  I've tried GSE, APNO, acidophillus... everything!  I just accepted that I have to live with the pain.  But lately it's gotten a lot worse.</p>
<p>Ds nurses all day and all night.  He hardly leaves any time for dd. ( I can't nurse them both at the same time, because I can't handle feeling pain on both breasts).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When ds sleeps, dd always asks to nurse, and I cringe at the thought.  I avoid it as much as I can, except at night when I put her bed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I feel so bad.  I usually stop her before she's done too, and she gets so upset, but I just can't take the pain. </p>
<p>I 'm afraid I may cause her to wean with this behaviour, and I don't want to.  It's really important to me that she self weans, but I panic every time she asks to nurse.  I feel horrible.</p>
<p>I really don't want her to wean this way.  I just don't know what to do about this pain.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<p>I do feel pain with the baby too, but somehow I can take it.  Maybe because I know he needs to nurse more than his sister...</p>

·
Registered
24 Posts
<p>I'm so sorry you're having pain when you nurse, that must be awful!!  It's so frustrating, to want to do something good for your child, but it hurts!  Are you familiar with EFT?  It's very gentle and effective for pain, especially when it's complicated by emotions.  I was reminded of this article when I read your post: <a href="http://www.eftfree.net/2010/08/21/eft-for-pregnancy/" target="_blank">http://www.eftfree.net/2010/08/21/eft-for-pregnancy/</a>.  Good luck!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts