Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen it? What did you and your kids think?<br><br>
We are either going to see it tomorrow or this weekend. My son likes doing "the smolder" as he's seen in the previews.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
<p>I saw it with my 8 year old - we were both quite impressed!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The smolder only plays a tiny (one scene) role...frying pans are more central.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have fun!</p>

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
<p>We saw it this past weekend and both my 6 year old and my 8 year old enjoyed it. It did give me the urge to clobber folk with a frying pan, though...</p>

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
<p>I saw it with my 7 and 8 yo DDs and we all really liked it.  Pretty good message, nothing too scary.  She does a lot of hitting people with a frying pan though which I didn't super love but, other than that, I didn't really find anything objectionable.</p>

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
We just saw this. My 6 year old loved it. It was frightening for my almost-four twins, though. The mother who's not really the mother was scary to them-- the way she was so manipulative, on the one hand, and yet still was hugging and loving on Rapunzel. It was hard for them to tell whether she was "good" or "bad," and I think it was hard for them to process. So I think I'd skip it with the under-5 crowd. But for a kid who's old enough to have some grasp of reality and fantasy, I think it was pretty good. The frying pan stuff had my DD1 cracking up.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
<p>dd went with a gaggle of kids ranging from 5 year olds to 9. they all had a great time. in fact shes seent it twice now. </p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts