Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
I posted the same sort of question in another thread but thought I'd post another one specific to Target tests only because I feel like I'm going insane right now.
Anyone ever have problems with evaporation lines with these tests? Each one I'm doing is turning positive right at the 10 minute mark or a little later. Usually evaporation lines don't show up until much later (in my case anyway) so I was wondering if this was brand specific or whatever.
I swear, if I'm not pregnant this time I'm seriously going on ebay and buying about 50 of the ones that are cheap so I don't waste all of my cash on pregnancy tests from the store again lol!!!!
By the way I also tried one of the first response early tests and it was stark negative; no lines at all.
This is a sickness, you know that!? If I peel off one more little plastic piece to make it easier to see a faint line I'm going to lose my mind.
Anyone else ever take one completely apart to see what the heck it's like inside!? lol!!!!
Take care all,
Karen

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
LOL Karen. I haven't used the Target brand but I have used several with evaporation lines that showed up before the ten minute mark and it definately wasn't a positive line. I bought some tests from www.accuratepregnancytests.com and www.saveontests.com and www.babyhopes.com. I got 10 tests for almost $5 so it's definately nicer on the pocket book.

Good luck!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks maman ;o)
I forgot to add something...
I experimented a little bit. I work in the medical field and have access to blood drawing.... I've done pregnancy tests using serum AND urine to see what would happen. I did two target tests, one with serum, one with urine. The urine didn't show positive at all even after the allowed time, but the serum always does. Yet, my beta was negative?
ARGH!
Karen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts