Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few questions...<br><br>
I am required to complete a TB test as a condition of employment for a job that starts next September.<br><br>
I'm not real sure that I want to inject that stuff into my arm, the Xray is not that much better seeing as I will have to at least have to update the records every 2 years or so. What can I do? If I refuse, can't they refuse to hire me?<br><br>
I did read a thread about the TB test while pg and it had some interesting things in it...but I guess i'm looking for more. If it helps, I'm in Delaware.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You might be out of luck as it is a condition of employment, but I'm not sure. I thought that while students can get an exemption on religious grounds, potential employees can't. Have you tried calling the Delaware TB Elimination program and asking about exemptions such as for religious grounds? Its phone number is (302) 744-1050. <a href="http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/delaware.htm" target="_blank">This page</a> has a bunch of information about exemptions in Delaware. The info on exemptions from adult TB testing is near the bottom of the page and includes a sample letter.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at the alternative testing pages, etc. But, the health appraisal form says either negative TB skin test or a negative cheast Xray. I don't know that they would take any of the alternative tests as official results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts