Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I belong to a co-op preschool w/a requirement being a TB test for any adults who volunteer more than 3 times a year.

A pregnant mom has asked for an exception (which I have temporarily granted until the board meets based on preliminary research I have done).

A different board member, though, has brought up the idea that a NURSING mother may also not want to get the TB test.

Any info on this? Links/citations would be preferable. If you have anything good on TB tests in pg that would be great, too. I have looked around, but am only finding stuff on *treating* TB while bfeeding and I am just concerned about the safety of the test.

TIA

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Hm, I don't know. I'm bfg and had the tb test this spring when babe was 13mo. It goes in between two layers of skin.

Anyway, I don't have an answer and now figure I should've asked. (I had to get it for a job, so it wasn't like I had a choice-- the state wasn't going to make an exception.)

Anyway, heres a bump back to the top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.