Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband recently lit into me after begining to use some natural products to do some cleaning (tea tree, vinegar, baking soda, lavendar).<br><br>
Basically, he is saying that I started using these things with little research and that when mixing these, I am creating different kinds of chemicals, which we don't even know are safe.<br><br>
He claims that the tee tree is giving him a headache and wants to know what in the heck is tea tree oil anyway? Is it safe etc??? Of coarse there is a ton of info on the internet about it, but what is really the athority? Can anyone give me a good source? I need to research just what these products are, where they come from, how do we know they are safe, how can they be used etc...<br>
Particularly, I need to know about the tea tree.<br><br>
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
The book, CLEAN HOUSE CLEAN PLANET by Karen Logan....has tons of info on all these ingredients and what happens when you combine them and what they are. She even has a little test you do with baking soda and vinegar and what happens when you combine them (it bubbles) and why.<br><br>
I use all these things to make my own natural house cleaners and have not had a problem....but maybe your dh is sensitive to the smell.<br><br>
PM me if you need further info. I dont know where else to look on internet, maybe just individual ingredients.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts