Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm doing the diaper learning backwards. I've done the hyena thing, now I want to learn about prefolds. I have 2 at home. One must be a premmie, because it is tiny. The other is huge on my 19lb, 30in. toddler.

What size do I need?

What is a good site to teach me about folding?

Who has the best prefolds? Spam me, please.

I have a zillion Kiwipies, would they make good covers? Will Snappis hurt them?

Tell me about Snappis?

Thank you, everyone!!!

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
What size do I need?

I'd get either reg. or premiums in Chinese pf's. Or toddler in Indian pf's. The toddler IPF's are wider than the reg. or premium, but the same length.

What is a good site to teach me about folding? www.diaperpages.com

Who has the best prefolds? Spam me, please.

I'd definately get unbleached, IMO it's the best. The indians are much softer than the chinese, IME. I'd also look at www.growmearainbow.com for trimfolds or trim them yourself. They are a *much* better fit trimmed, IMO and very trim on the babe! I trimmed all of mine recently and
the fit, better than some of my hyena fitteds!

I have a zillion Kiwipies, would they make good covers? Will Snappis hurt them?
The kiwi's will work great. I've used pinned pf's w/ kiwi's w/ no problems. And as you get more proficient about folding, there will be less chance of poo getting on the cover. I do the newspaper fold w/ no problems. And the snappi shouldn't snag your kiwis, either!

Tell me about Snappis?

I don't use them very often any more. I prefer pins for a better, more snug fit. DH uses them though!

Oh..and you can't beat www.tyedyedreams.com for pretty dyed pf's. Shelly is awesome!!

·
Registered
10,399 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
How on earth did you acquire zillions of Kiwi Pies?
Mostly, dumb luck :LOL

First, I got a KP virgin one off of the TP, then like the next day, I got another on the TP. Then, it just snowballed from there. My dh said he didn't like wool, but I found out he didn't like knitted wool, but loved the KP's. So, I have kinda acquired about
. And they are all beautiful and stunning in their own way!!

I even sold off my FM wool to replace it with KP's!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, Alice, I need some help. I went to those sites and the sizing seems different. If I would need a premium in regular prefolds, what do you think I would order in the organics? Do you have a favorite site?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Another idea, if you are wanting some fun prefolds, is to get them dyed. Tye Dye Dreams is a great place to get no-bled prefolds and she does great work. She has custom slots available I think. I didn't see a lot of prefolds instock right now, but you can probably look in her gallery to see what she does.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hlkm2e
OK, Alice, I need some help. I went to those sites and the sizing seems different. If I would need a premium in regular prefolds, what do you think I would order in the organics? Do you have a favorite site?
The Baby Because diapers might be a little too big.

You could try the regular size Decent Exposures.

For Diapers&Wipers, I'd suggest the standard size.

The Little Sprouts diapers would probably fit (there's only one size).

For Moonbath Shop, I would suggest Baby size.

At Thanks Mama, I'd suggest the standard size.

The following are the ones I've actually bought, in order of how much I like them:

Decent Exposures
Diapers&Wipers
Gladrags
Under the Nile

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.