Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a toddler who is fascinated with snot and boogers? Mine has a little cold right now and will not stop blowing her nose into her hand while lying on the floor (the carpet, of course) and then likes to watch it in her hands. It is pretty gross. She is making a mess! This has been happening for a week now. We are usually pretty calm about things but she is making a sticky mess on the carpet. We've been talking to her and giving her kleenex to use and blowing her nose with her. She has been blowing her nose since she was about 9 mos so this is just a phase. She seems to think it is cool. Any advice? How do you deal with gross stuff that you want them to stop doing?<br><br>
Oh, by the way, she is 2.5.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Not sure what to tell you, but I will offer this - my DD is fascinated by tissues. She often wants a tissue even when she doesn't need it, she will wipe her nose and bring it to us to throw out, etc. Perhaps she would be more interested if you left a box of tissues where she can take one and let her wipe/blow her nose herself, etc.

·
Banned
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We thought about that but after two or three boxes of tissue all over the house, smooshed beyond recognition so the tissues were not really usable anymore, we gave up. Is this just a phase? Maybe she is just fascinated with her fluids?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts