Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming to Santa Fe on vacation with my family, including my homeschooled 16, 13 and 10 year olds. I have Hillerman's Childrens Guide to Santa Fe but could use more help with suggestions of things to do - particularly science stuff.<br><br>
Can anyone help? We will have a car.

·
Registered
489 Posts
<p>well me again in this post too... there is a web sight called santafechildren.com that might be a good resource for you, if you go under "local events", they list events by date and most the times have a pretty good list. one suggestion though, if you are going to use their calendar for something, call the actual place listed on there, a few times it happened to me that there were some sort of typos with the times or dates and we'd end up missing the event we wanted.</p>
<p>in albuquerque there is a children museum called explora that has a lot of science - related stuff. it pretty big and geared towards older children. the one in santa fe is small and geared more towards young kids.</p>
<p>you should maybe plan a day trip to los alamos, they have a cool museum with a lot of science -related stuff, plus, valles caldera national monument is there too, and thats a lot of fun for outdoor stuff, if there is snow, they have sleigh rides and things like that.</p>

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much again. This really helps.<br><br>
Anyone else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts