Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does teeth grinding past infancy happen in children more that have sensory issues? My dd has done this since she first got teeth and continues to every night. Her dentist said a lot of kids do if they're stressed. (she's been stressed every night for four years?
)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Does teeth grinding past infancy happen in children more that have sensory issues? My dd has done this since she first got teeth and continues to every night. Her dentist said a lot of kids do if they're stressed. (she's been stressed every night for four years?
)
I was a horrible teeth grinder, up into high school. (No one wanted to sleepover when I was younger it was so bad!) Both my boys grind theirs too (Its hereditary. Only my oldest has some sensory issues and I myself have none, so that wasnt my excuse) I read its stress also, but Im not so sure its the ONLY cause.

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Our ds does. Our dentist said a lot of kids do and they out grow it usually by 8 or 9.

I hadn't linked it to his sensory stuff, but I wonder?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.