Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,<br><br>
DD#2 is 12 months old and she has a whole bunch of teeth in that little head of hers! Which wasn't a problem initially, but now that her teeth have grown a lot bigger they are rubbing against my nipples when she is feeding and I find the sensation to be really awful. It's painful, but also sort of makes me feel like someone is scratching fingernails down a blackboard. Just the constant rubbing of her teeth is really beginning to wear me down. I really don't enjoy feeding her at all - I try to breathe through the discomfort and think about how it's not for too much longer, or stroke her hair and just try to feel 'heartful' but it's really not happening for me at all.<br><br>
It's not like she's a biter and I can train her out of this, and I don't want to continue to feed her and feel this unhappy and uncomfortable with the situation. But before I toss BF-ing to the wind, I want to know if there is some kind of miracle thing I can do to help this situation (aside from just harden up, figuratively and literally!) Stopping BF-ing won't break my heart, as I'm so completely over it. But if there was a way to stop this discomfort then I'd probably continue.<br><br>
Any advice gratefully received!<br><br>
Roz

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I'm not the only one with this problem. My 20 month old has been doing the same thing since she got her top teeth. She's not a good eater so she still nurses a lot especially since she's had the flu. The middle of the night is usually the worst. I've asked at La Leche and they said changed position could help but I haven't found a good position yet. My best advice would be stick it out. I've been nursing in pain for a while and my nipples are still attached. (I was a bit worried she would bite them off.) Good luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts