Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...DS is a year old now and he has only clamped down a few times so he doesn't bite me, but for the past week I have noticed a little discomfort when he nurses, but only on the left side. It feelsl like his bottom teeth might be rubbing my nipple. Last night it did it on the right side and it is coming increasingly painful. Its not just when he is sleepy either. What should I do? I was so bad the other night I almost cried. Help please....

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
We went through a period of that also....i would pull his bottom jaw down and push his head into my breast while he was feeding...the idea behin that is forcing more breast into his mouth...i would also tell him..ouch that hurts mama's ninnies....and tell him to open his mouth more....it seemed to work..not sure if me telling him or me pulling on his jaw a little bit...dear son is 39 months and i notice that same feeling more towards the end of feeding especially when he is sleepy....i will also try to unlatch him and relatch until it feels better...maybe try nursing in a different position to take the pressure of the sore area...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts