Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one handed typing so forgive the lack of caps.

dd has a bad latch... No one can get her to open wider. when she starts to lose the nipple, she'll suck it back in and it scrapes her gum. I've gotten used to this and it doesnt hurt anymore. but what about when there are teeth there?

ive fought so hard for this breastfeeding relationship... I hate to think that a few teeth will be the end of it. shes already teething hard at 3 months. by 6 months, ds had 8 teeth. i'm praying shes a little slower cuz i dont want to wean yet!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I really don't think teeth matter wrt "scraping" - only when they chomp down.

And I never had a chomper.

Can't remember my son's teething pattern but he bit me once and only once. I yelled OUCH - he never did it again. With my girls one has 2 teeth and one has 6 and neither have caused issued with biting.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whew! Thanks!

I'm just worried because this baby does NOT open her mouth much. It's kinda like 'shove it in' when it's open enough to get it in. It's not perfect by far, sometimes still hurts but I'm hoping with age she'll realize that she needs to open more. I'm hoping that maybe when she's older and mocks me more I can get her to open up but the thought of teeth scraping my nipple scares me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.