Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4.5 month old son is starting to teeth, you can see the bottom two just below the surface. During the day I give him some toys to chew on or a frozen wash cloth, frankly anything he can get into his mouth he'll chew on. Well, last night for the first time he was constantly asking to be "fed" (we co-sleep), he'd take a few slurps and then start to just chew, chew, chew. Usually he eats in like 5-10 minutes and takes himself off, he was on last night most of the night. It wasn't so bad at first but this morning my nips are starting to hurt. I tried giving him other things during the night to no avail...any suggestions? I hate to give him tylenol, but may resort to that occasionally just to give me a break (bad mama
: ).

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Have you tried Hyland's Teething Tablets? They are homeopathic and a lot of mamas, including me, swear by them. Try that before you resort to Tylenol (which, IMHO, is OK as a once-in-a-while-when-it's-really-bad remedy.
)

You could also try taking a teething ring or dry washcloth to bed with you, and trying to distract him with it when he starts chewing on you. Might not be the most restful night, but it's gotta be better than being gnawed to death, eh?

HTH!
~Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.