Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Baby discovered her hands and has been chewing on them the last week. She's been drooling like a faucet too. She doesn't seem to be in any pain but as she was sucking on my finger I felt a hard little nub and looked inside and she has a little white nub coming out of her bottom gum. The thing is, it isn't poking out the top, but sort-of the side. Could it be that she is teething?</p>

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
<p>My baby had all the same signs, but didn't get his first tooth until 5.5 months. I also thought I saw what looked like a tooth coming in but lo and behold it wasn't.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Every baby's different, and there have been reports of babies being born with teeth, but generally the first tooth doesn't actually break until about 5 months. The process of the tooth making its way up before that is a long one, though, and I'm still convinced that journey began months before the tooth actually appeared.</p>

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I had the same set of symptoms, and also thought I saw a tooth bud at about 3 months. Cecilia cut her first teeth (she cut 4 at once!) at 6.5 months old.

·
Registered
245 Posts
<p>My DS also was drooling like a faucet and chomping on everything around 2 months. It looked like there was a tooth as well. His first tooth just came in over the weekend, he's 7 months:) It can take quite awhile...</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts