Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My newly one year old daughter is cutting her first two molars, and has been incredibly fussy this week. I mean, really fussy - from waking to going to bed. Yesterday, she literally didn't break a smile until the evening time when my husband came home. She clings to me the whole day, and if I try to get up and walk away to do something, she completely melts.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How miserable were your LOs when teething? This week has been hellish, and it seems like she is so miserable, all day. I'm just wondering if this is a normal way to behave when cutting teeth, or maybe if there is something else going on?</p>

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
<p>My DD got her first tooth a day after she turned 6 months...she'll be a year on Dec. 30th and already has 10 teeth! Teething has been REALLY hard on her too. She just got her first 2 molars on the bottom a few weeks ago and we had about 2 weeks of lots of fussiness. She usually gets red/rough cheeks and lots of drool at the same time so we have finally figured out when it's teething rather than something else. She is usually distractable during this time but it's a whole lot of work to keep her mind off it!! It took us a while to see the pattern though. So, it definitely might be teething with your little one if all else is ruled out! I usually "blame" teething as a last resort though...</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts