Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh what a night. He slept better as a newborn! I stopped counting how many times he woke up.(est 10) We were in bed nursing at 8 didn't get him settled till 11. I'd nurse, move him to the co-sleeper and he'd wake crying immediately. I did this four times till I got up to put the homeopathic teething gel on. I just held him on my chest and we cried ourselves to sleep. I was finally able to move him to his bed. This has to be teething? He always always always goes to bed fine after nursing.

I'm going to try to move up our dr.'s appt. We have one on the 20th. I want to know if I should give him something. If there is still going to be a month or more of this, I obviously shouldn't be giving him anything every night. I've tried every teether known to man. He won't chew on anything but his fingers, sometimes mine and the Sophie the giraffe toy teether. He's drooling and making green wet poos here and there too. He doesn't try to sooth himself, just wakes up with a full blast cry.

Soes the baltic amber help that much? Anyone swear by it? Does it help them through the night even if they arent wearing it at night?

I took a photo a few days ago. Since then these white lines feel bumpier but nothing has cut yet if these are teeth. What do you think. I'm a first time mom so it's had to know for sure.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3629/...c5f96dc700.jpg

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
: We're in the same place right now. dd is usually a great sleeper, but the last couple nights won't go to sleep and wakes a million times. Definitely teeth, in our case...and I'd guess probably yours, too. Have you tried a dose of Motrin? It does take the edge off, but on the worst nights very little seems to help.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post
Have you tried a dose of Motrin?
I got a dr. appt to ask their advice about it. I may try tonight to see! My LO was sleeping through the night for a little while. I'm trudging through like a soldier! I HOPE it's teething at least or I'd have no clue whats up.

·
Registered
572 Posts
My DD2 wears an amber necklace and it is really hard to say if it is working or not because she wears it 24/7 and it would be a pretty mean experiment to take it off just to see if she is in more pain.

Comparing her to DD1 (who did not wear an amber necklace) she seems to be handling teething somewhat better. She just gnaws on her hand a lot and woke up once a night for a few nights before the first two teeth popped through.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I just got back from the dr. He said "My three kids breezed through teething", "that does feel bumpy there, we'll have to see" and "babies just cry". Not sure what to make of that? Erg

Can ue give the tablets to a 4 month old?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebabydoll View Post
Well I just got back from the dr. He said "My three kids breezed through teething", "that does feel bumpy there, we'll have to see" and "babies just cry". Not sure what to make of that? Erg

Can ue give the tablets to a 4 month old?
yes you can give the tablets, but you don't give motrin to a baby under 6 months! Only tylenol for pain relief at that point.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

I didn't realize he was 4mo... in that case, might I also (reluctantly) suggest that you might be entering the so-called infamous "4mo sleep regression" phase... Always a tough time, sleep-wise. Hope it does turn out to be teething-related and temporary!

http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html
After baby talking to himself an hour before bedtime, then crying more I realize this is a huge part of it. Thank you so much for finding this article. It is dead on! We started having to nurse for day in a darkened room. I was stating to suspect another growth spurt too! I can tell, just s much going on for my LO. He gets overwhelmed easily.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Quote:

I didn't realize he was 4mo... in that case, might I also (reluctantly) suggest that you might be entering the so-called infamous "4mo sleep regression" phase... Always a tough time, sleep-wise. Hope it does turn out to be teething-related and temporary!

http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html
:

just try and get through it the best you can.. it will pass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.