Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 1/2 month old has been pulling at her ear. She is getting her first bottom front tooth. I was wondering how do you tell if she has an earache or if its just teething.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Does her ear look red? Does she cry like she is hurting? I would try some teething tables and see if that helps if she acts like she is in pain it would be worth a trip to the dr IMO because ear achs hurt. I hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Infants will often tug on their ears when they're in pain or sleepy. PP is right. If no redness in the ear, then it's not an ear infection.

Try some Hylands tablets for the teething?

·
Registered
28 Posts
When in doubt, I put a few drops of garlic oil in the ears if I suspect an ear infection. Doesn't sound like it with no crying or fever, ect... I have one kid that pulled on her ears when she was tired. Was always worrying about ear infections with that one.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
hylands teething tablets are herbs to help the pain and get the tooth thru faster. I got mine at wal mart love them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.