Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,<br>
At what point in do you administer homeopathic remedies? I've used both Hyland's teething tabs and Boiron's chamomila, and I usually don't give them until it's clear that Little P is having a hard time of it. I'm wondering if they would be more effective if I gave them before he got to that point--but I don't want to give them unnecessarily.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
With my daughter(now 18 months- and still getting her eye teeth in) I also use Hylands. I usually only gave them to her when the teeth were erupting, and if I could tell it was a hard day for her- I would give her maybe one or two doses a day of two to three tablets. I would also give them to her after brushing teeth at night because I think that would be what was the most painful part of the day for her, and the chamomille seemed to calm her down. I would give three or four at night. But then- that was only during days when her teeth were really coming in. Right now she hasn't needed them for awhile. I hope this helps some.<br>
Leila

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does help, thanks! I guess I'm just uncertain at what point in the day I should give him some, when the pain seems to come and go. His molars are definitely on the move--looks like someone tucked marbles into his gums, poor little guy--but some days/hours are better than others. Right now I just give him the Boiron if he's having a hard time settling to sleep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts