Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for more nightime solutions for my 4 year old bedwetter. He is fully potty learned during the day but he wets every night. Currently we use ME Bedwetter Pants and they work great but I'd like to try more. We just got a pair of Bedtimes trainers from the EC Store and they seem to run very small (I got a large, 30-40 lbs., but they barely fit on my 33 lb. ds.)

I have heard good things about Drymids, but I am wondering how they work. Am I correct that there is no waterproof layer in the boxers? DS wets a ton at night and I'd be afraid that we'd have very wet sheets every night.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Hi. Kari Mom raves about these, and I can definitely add a much-less-experienced but still positive thought about them.

Drymids are nice! They are cotton boxer shorts, vinyl (or some kind of poly-ish) "pants" inside of that w/ a sewn in soaker. Then you can also order a doubler. I have a petite 37lb 5yo and they didn't have a small enough night-time one for him. So the pair we have is only appropriate for my 7yo (47lb) bedwetters. The other potential downside is that the soakers are poly-filled (think Gerbers like from a general store). However, they do work and they do give a child more of a big-kid feel (they are true pull-ups). E rarely wears hers b/c mainly she's in FCB nightlights (yes, it fits a 47lb 7yo
) under wool or fleece. The fleece lining of the FCB is awesome and she's having fewer rash/irritations problems with them than with anything else she's ever worn (disposibles or cloth). She's super sensitive though.

Anyway, if your child is only 33lb, I'm not sure if they have a size that'll fit them. Although their shipping was fast and they sent an email of confirmation quickly, so I suspect their overall customer service is probably very good too and maybe you could ask if they could make a small pair.

My petite 5yo wears a variety of: honeyboy pull-up (sewn together, made w/o the velcro), wonderoos, knickernappie toddlers and sugarpeas sz2 under a stacinator wool cover. My 7yo is usually in FCB under wool or windpro fleece pants. I wasn't that thrilled w/ ME or Ecobaby bedwetter pull-ups. I like the drymids as the next choice when the FCBs are in the wash cycle.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input Virg! I guess now I have to stalk for some size 2 FCBs :LOL (I actually already have been -unsuccessfully- because I can see the day coming when Sarah stops fitting into her size 1s.) I didn't look to see the sizes on the Drymids site, I just assumed they would have them to fit my 4-year-old. I really liked the idea of boxers for him. They would be just so cute.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.