Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some custom dyed lopi from www.fabriconnection.com and it arrived today. It is beautiful! So can anyone tell me about this yarn? Any precautions or tips I need for knitting with it and using it for soakers? It just looks so different fro my standard Fishermans!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I made mittens with lopi once, and I remember because it's so lightly spun it would sometimes break. I think that you don't knot it if it does, but just rub the broken ends together between your fingertips. I know after using it, the skin on my hands and fingers was super soft because of all the lanolin in the wool! I don't remember anything else about it other than that, and I have never used it to make a sweater or a soaker or anything! Although I have half a dozen traditional icelandic lopis hand knit by my grandmother for my grandfather when my mother was a girl--it lasts forever!

Alison

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm thinking about trying that same yarn from fabriconection.com. I use fisherman's yarn mostly. I've tried LTK 2 ply and lamb's pride, but I still prefer the fisherman's. I would like something a little softer though... So, yes please post back when you're done with your soaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts