Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to look into OV dipes, and I am wondering what the difference between long loop ov and short loop ov is. I am guessing the fibers on the long loop are longer than on the short loop??

are they significantly longer?
is one "better" than the other?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I like short loop better ... long loop doesn't look as nice after it has been washed a bunch of time ... it's shaggy and the fibers tend to clump together making it look kinda matted.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by saharasky
I like short loop better ... long loop doesn't look as nice after it has been washed a bunch of time ... it's shaggy and the fibers tend to clump together making it look kinda matted.
:

After a few washes, long loop doesn't feel so much like velour anymore, if you KWIM, whereas short loop stays veloury-feeling no matter how much it's washed.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Let me warn ya know,you WILL get addicted to OV dipes once you get one! I got my first Muttaqin and from that day on I will only use Muttaqin fitteds! Not only are they adorable with how well they fit but they are sooo soft! I can't tell you how many times I have left Ashton in his diaper only without a cover just so I could cuddle that velour butt!
Plus I think he loves having that softness on him too! :LOL

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I have some OV mutts from about a month ago when she did not state if they are short or long loop?? anyone know what they are? they definitely feel different then my OV SOS but are not really shaggy... it's more that they don't feel smooth when you rub it in different directions while the OV SOS does... ???

Jen

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I have a Loveybums fitted that is short OV inner and long OV outer. Together with a burley knit terry doubler it makes a super absorbant diaper, in fact it's what we use at night.

I love short OV because: it's soft, absorbant, poo comes off it easily and some mamas say it has a "stay dry" feeling to it (similar to fleece).

I love long OV because: it's very absorbant (the pile is a tad shorter than the loops of a towel) and it doesn't lint away like sherpa. I've also seen on Muttaqin website that long OV is great for holding onto newborn poo though I don't know this from personal experience. It does get less soft after several washes but I don't mind since mine is on the outside of the diaper.

Both long & short OV have a nice stretch to them. I
them both!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts