Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
the east side of the state is prettier than the west side, it's more small town though, and in Texas that usually means Republican country folk. I would say that Christian/Catholicism rules the state.
I live in Fort Worth, which is near Dallas, and I've lived here my whole life. What I hate the most about Texas is the hot, muggy, mosquito ridden summers, and the fact that we never get snow. I would love to have a week's worth of snow days here.
The hill country and Austin areas are more liberal. Land is also more expensive there.
As far as the growing season goes, I'm not much of a gardener, but I think it's pretty nice...we don't get too many frosts but the summer heat can fry the more delicate plants.
Since Texas varies so much in it's landscape, the bugs/wildlife question is harder to answer.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I was also going to add, in the D/FW area we have a message board for AP and natural moms and it has over 400 members. It's easy to find like minded parents here, even though the area itself isn't too crunchy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.