Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
All I know is that it raises blood pressure, and I've heard it's a progesterone inhibitor. If you're TTC and have progesterone/LP issues like me, that's a concern. The progesterone thing might also be why they say caffeine has been lnked to early miscarriage?? Dont know about that last one tho, and only heard the progesterone issue once too, so dont know how true it is.

Sorry I cant be more helpful, I'm interested to hear others information as well.
:

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Too much caffeine makes me really dehydrated which drives me crazy. That's the only effect it really has on *me* but I know it can do a lot to people depending on how much they have. And, it is very easy to get addicted to it if you drink a lot of coffee, etc.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I'm a tried and true caffeine addict, but gave it up the day I found out I was pregnant (it tasted funny so it wasn't that difficult, but man the headache I had for the next two days!)

I read the other day in one of the many pg books I've browsed the past few weeks, that the danger caffeine poses to the developing fetus is because it keeps the baby too alert, without enough "downtime" and can therefore interfere with development.

As far as the danger to adults... I'm not sure, but we all know it's extremely addictive!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.