Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
I have heard a lot of bad things about vitex, like making women not ovulate or making them ovulate late in their cycle.

Progesterone: can also cause problems, only take it if you have a confirmed deficiency.

Red Rasp Leaf: I use this, I think it's wonderful, it has helped regulate my cycles and I believe it decreased bleeding after my last birth.

I drink this http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com...maletoner.html you can get it at the grocery store.

Here's some more info I have:

From http://sdsd.essortment.com/fertilityherbs_rgqs.htm

HORMONE REGULATORS
Dong Quai
Vitex (ChasteTree Berry) - also known as the "female herb"

INCREASES FERTILE QUALITY CERVICAL FLUID
Evening Primrose Oil - This is to be taken from menstruation to ovulation. Because
evening primrose oil is an essential fatty acid too - it is recommended to take flax seed oil
from ovulation to menstruation. Essential fatty acids are an excellent brain foods - and
flax seed oil is safe to take during pregnancy as well.

MALE IMPOTENCE HELPER
False Unicorn

OVARIAN PAIN RELIEVER
False Unicorn
Wild Yam Root

RELIEVES MENSTRUAL CRAMPING
Black Cohosh
Wild Yam Root

REPRODUCTIVE TONICS
Alfalfa
Black Haw
Cayenne
Cramp Bark
False Unicorn
Ginseng
Lady's Mantle
Licorice
Loveage
Motherwort
Nettle
Red Clover
Rehmannia
Saw Palmetto
Siberian Ginseng
Squaw Vine
True Unicorn Root
Valerian
White Peony

UTERINE PAIN RELIEVER
Black Cohosh
Wild Yam Root

UTERINE TONER
Dong Quai
Evening Primrose Oil
Red Raspberry Leaf
__________________________________________________ _______________

From http://www.conceivingconcepts.com/le...ral/herbs.html

False Unicorn Root
Although there currently is no clinical data on this herb, there is much folklore about it as a female and male fertility promoter. It is said to contain "precursors of estrogen," which could be the premise behind it aiding both sexes. It has been claimed to be a uterine tonic, diuretic, and exhibit anti-inflammatory properties. It possibly also contains progesterone-like constituents, since it apparently is also useful to help prevent miscarriage, delayed periods, and painful periods.

Dong Quai
Dong Quai is an ancient Asian herb. Although not containing any known phyto-estrogens, Dong Quai does seem to act like an estrogen "modulator" which activates or suppresses estrogen receptors within the pituitary to even out the hormones that pulsate to the ovaries and bring on ovulation. Dong Quai is also believed to increase metabolism within the uterus and ovaries and has been attributed with helping to build a receptive uterine lining. Among its many active ingredients, Dong Quai also contains constituents that are thought to have immune enhancing and anti-tumor activity as well. However, due to its vasodialating effect, dong quai should be discontinued when a pregnancy is confirmed.

Hope that helps, good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.