Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tall changing table with two shelves. On one shelf are three small baskets with fabric liners and on the other, two large baskets with fabric liners. The table is in the style of Pottery Barn Kids changing tables.

Lately I've been changing our baby girl on the floor, but I really need to get my Cd station organized. I have a wipes warmer which I want to use, etc.

So, would you please share, in as much detail as you like...Or with pictures...How your Cd station is organized? Do you use a changing table? A converted something-or-other? How many pails do you have? Are they wet or dry or both? What goes in which? How do you organize your diapers (Do you fold up the Cpfs? Are diapers kept together by style or company?) Do you use a wipes warmer or a spray bottle? Where are your Snappis and pins? What about all the covers and liners and doublers and soakers and wipes? Tell me all about it!

I love to get organized, but am a bit stumped on this project.

TYVM!

PDe

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
I change ds on the floor and store the dipes either in the dryer or on the loveseat if I need the dryer for something else. When we are expecting company I have a drawer where I nicely put the dipes away. :LOL

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have this foam changing pad that rests against the wall. Then when I need it I put it on the bed then put Cortland on it then change him. The diapers are stored on top of Cort's dresser. It works for us!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I took the pad off the top of my changing table, put the wipes warmer in one corner and the diapers stack on the top. Baskets on the first shelf with covers and doublers(3 smaller baskets)
Baskets on bottom with dd's small toys and panties

I also change her in the floor:LOL

·
Registered
392 Posts
I love mine

We got it from IKEA. It is a chest of drawers, with a flip down change top. Above that are two shelves for storage. When we are done using it as a change table, the shelf can be removed, and the change table part can be flipped up and used as a shelf.

I also have a shelf mounted to the wall for diaper storage.
...Oh Heck! Here are some pics

Change Station

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I have a changing table with two shelves. Each shelf has two fabric-lined baskets - one shallow and long the other deep and smaller. On the first shelf the smaller basket has infant CPFs and the other basket has Isabella's fitted dipes and FBs - and also the Nighty Newts. On the bottom shelf the smaller basket has liners and doublers and the larger basket has Harrison's fitteds and FBs. Premium CPFs are folded up between the baskets. Hanging off the side of the changing table is an organizer with large pockets. One large pocket has Harrison's SWW and Bummis covers and the other has Isabella's. I also have my spray bottle of water and my bottle of Kissaluv's diaper lotion potion in pockets there.
Now, attached to the wall above the changing table (I wanted it out of reach of little hands) is a small basket where I keep snappis, Aquaphor and Burt's Bees diaper cream. I have a very large basket on top of the (short) bookcase next to the changing table where I keep wipes and wool covers.
That's my set-up! It works really well for us!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I have a little bookcase that I keep the ubpf on. I have two stacks of pf then the covers are next to them. The next shelf has my cloth wipes, xtra covers, and two CB. The bottom shelf has 'sposies, and 'sposie wipes.

I change her on the floor.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Good question, I have often wondered that about the ladies with hundreds of diapers

There is a cabinet just as you walk into the front door of our house (you know where the mail gets piled) anywho, it has a pull down front, and I stack ds's diapers in there. I use almost completely HH pocket diapers stuffed with a CPF and doubler (like microfleece). When they come out of the dryer they are stuffed and put away. My wipies are behind a picture of dd on my mantle
, they are in a LUVS wipes container. I do not use pins or snappi, the diaper cream is in the same hiding spot as the wipes.

I used to have a changing table, but found that most of the changing happened on the floor, so I got rid of it, and had more room for toys

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've also attempted to get a good station together. I just don't have the $$ or the energy! We are so limited in space that we just use the dresser with a pad on top. The top drawer has all my already stuffed HH's, wipes container, and snappis. My large laundry basket has my CPFs draped over the top. I have just enough diapers to get by though so there's no need for an elaborate system.

Erin

·
Registered
181 Posts
we change the big boys on the floor. they're in disposies now
so those are tucked under a chair in the living room. when they were in cloth, their diapers were in a large wicker laundry basket- with the cps and covers folded on one "side" and the aios, etc. on the other. wipes were stacked in the bathroom- since we would just wet them as needed before a change.

the little boys have a real changing table :LOL it has a contoured pad on top. the first shelf has 2 smaller lined baskets. the right one has our fitteds and misc. doublers. the left one has covers. the wipes warmer is on the shelf next to them. on the bottom shelf are 2 larger lined baskets. the right one has folded cpfs and hemp, bkt, etc. prefolds in it. the left one has more prefolds in the back half and aios in the front. to the left of that basket on the shelf i keep the stack of extra wipes, changing pads, pail liners, etc.

it works for us now with all of these tiny dipes, but i'm not sure what we'll do when the dipes get bigger!

-krista

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
we use a changing table/dresser combo. i have a pad on the changing table part, and next to it i have a basket w/wipes and the snappis, spray bottle w/wipe solution and diaper cream. in the top drawer of the dresser are AIOs/pockets/doublers. in smaller drawer next to that is cpfs. in 2nd drawer is fitteds/covers.

i use a dry pail (ds is on bm only) w/a liner from happy tushies.

·
Registered
925 Posts
i originally used the top of a dresser for the changing table but it broke. my MIL bought us a typical changing table with 2 shelves at a yard sale. i have all my cpfs (about 30) and doublers on the top shelf.

on the bottom shelf i have all fitted dipes and covers. covers are grouped by wool (day vs nite) and non wool. i hang my totes from the knobs on the top of the table.

i have the broken dresser next to the changing table. on it i keep wipes warmer, wipes, soap w/pins stuck in it, basket of snappies and basket of lotions. oh - also a small wastebasket. in between dresser & table is my dry pail.

on the other side of the table i have this ikea storage bin thingy that i love! you can customize the sizes of bins. i have 3 small (one holds sposies which i haven't touched in weeks!! - one holds extra changing pad covers & regular store bought wipes - one holds basket of eucalan samples & pail deodorizers) the big basket i use as a hamper. on top of this unit i keep basket of socks & little toys to keeo ds amused!

it is the virgo in me!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
well-we had a changing pad on top of the dresser but dd is so wiggly it was just getting irritating. So I switched to changing her in the crib. I put a big waterproof flannel pad down first, put the side down and change her. It allows her to have "wiggle" breaks during the change...after I take the dipe off and wipe her she crawls/ stands around, I put on a new diper, she crawls/stands/ jumps some more...this has been working so much better!!!!

I store all the cpf (flat) in an IKEA underbed storage box with a flip lid. On the dresser next to the crib I have the wipes in a recycled Huggies box in their homemade solution, snappis, changing pad and ointment in a basket. I have another basket with covers (I may just move those to the underbed box). At the foot of the crib is a dry pail.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I use a changing table in Eliza's room. It is a side facing table (i.e. one long side is against the wall). It has 2 shelves underneath, that each have 2 wicker baskets on them. On the top shelf, one basket is full of AIOS. The other is full of cloth wipes, wipe spray, diaper rash creams, and extra soakers for the AIOS. On the next shelf one basket is, again, full of AIOS. The other is full of Fuzzi Bunz and our inserts (nighttime diapering). I have a bunch of fitteds and covers too, and I keep them in a drawer in Eliza's dresser - DH won't use them so they don't need to be handy - and I don't mind grabbing them out of there when I change dipes (he is the SAHD). The diaper pail is just right next to the table, and has a swinging lid, so it is easy to throw the dipes in. We also have a wall hanging above the changing table that has lots of pockets on it - we keep beanie babies in there, as well as sometimes the diaper rash cream, Eliza's brush, whatever... This is GREAT for grabbing something to give Eliza to play with when we change her.
HTH!
XOXO

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a regular changing table with 2 shelves and wicker baskets holding prefolds, doublers and misc stuff. Then above the changer I have 2 shelves the width of the changer, one holds the diapers and the other has 2 large wicker baskets for covers and dipes that are too big. I broke down and bought one of those plastic bins that hang off the changer, it holds the wipe warmer, butt cremes, snappies and other small loose items. The changer is so organized! I wish the rest of my house was.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
When Morgan was younger we had a changing table and with those PBK baskets,etc on the bottom. Now that she is potty learning we do ALL diaper changes in bathroom (WHEN she wears a diaper) and all the diapers and supplies are in the linen closet right outside the bathroom!

·
Registered
694 Posts
we have a small desk with a pad on top. i keep cpfs in the drawers, arranged by size. biggest ones in the top, meds in the middle, etc. then covers in one basket, fitteds and aios in another; both baskets are on the floor. sorta organized...

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Left to right I have:

A 3 drawer cart from Target. I keep 48 PFs in the top 2 drawers (very tight), and my 6 AIOs, 7 Pockets, and 8 covers in the bottom drawer. On top of the cart is my wipes warmer extra snappis and butt cream (thursh seems to be coming back
. Then I have a little antique dresser that I "made" a changing pad to go ontop of. Next I have a garbage/diaper pail on the right. Works great for us. Plus things are so tight in the drawers I am forced to not buy anymore dipes. I have no more space for them

·
Registered
428 Posts
We just moved and I LOVE my new changing station. To save my back, I've always used my changing table. It is an old wicker fold up one that my MIL refurbished for us. It is hard to describe, but the shelves on either side are uneven, so the whole thing folds in half. It miraculously fit into my bathroom. I love folding dipes, so I keep my cpf's folded with a fleece liner in them. The covers are just stuffed beside them with the wipes. My sink is within reach, so I don't even have to wet the wipes until I use them. I use the other shelves (they're more like baskets) for all of dd's clothes. My diaper pail fits under one side of the change table. I use two pails, but just because I like one to air out while I use the other one. One airs out in the laundry room. The other great thing is that the change table is right next to the toilet, so I can dunk em right there. I also have a laundry chute in there within reach, so if her clothes are dirty, down they go. It is so easy to CD in this house!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.