Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a mirena 8 wks PP, in December. I spotted for, like three months
: then had a week off... then i had some seriously crappy, labor-like cramps, followed with what i figure was some sort of period. then only very occasional spotting for months... until the middle of august when i got those massively uncomfortable, wave-like cramps. i had those for probably two weeks then some sort of period followed by a few weeks of spotting with cramping episodes every two or three days.

these cramps suck, like... a lot. i have to stop and breathe through them. anyone else have this issue? i wondered if my iud was drifting off somewhere, but the strings are still very much where they have been since insertion months ago. i know i should just go see the midwife about it... but i just know that she'll be like "well, we can take it out..."

i like my iud. it's the perfect birth control! i don't want to have to use some other method that i end up hating and therefore quit using and end up knocked up before i am ready. argh!
:

so... ladies...

tell me... do you have these [email protected]#$%^ cramps? will they go away, do you think? am i being foolishly optimistic that this will pass?

thoughts?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I had my Mirena for a year. I didn't really have cramps until I'd had it for about 9 months, but then I'd having cramping like you describe off and on... I'd say every month or so. They finally got so bad that I had it taken out after having it for a year almost to the day.

I also liked the IUD a lot except for that issue. I don't know what caused it, except that I do have an abnormally shaped uterus, and maybe that was part of it. The doctor who took it out also told me that some women's bodies just don't like it for some reason.

GL and I hope they go away... I wonder, could you have an infection or something? It might be worth talking to the mw about it. I think they are generally pretty hesitant to remove them because they're so dang expensive and a little painful to insert again, yk?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.