Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to try a few fitteds out, but have no clue which ones. I think I will probably get one of the Thirstie's ones after reading the other thread about them. I would prefer a super trim one but as absorbant as possible for being trim. Are there any cheap hemp ones? All the ones I have seen are a bit pricey. Which ones would you suggest and which ones should I steer clear of?
Thanks.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I haven't been CDing very long but ordered quite a few different types of fitteds, pockets and AIO's to try out before ordering a bunch of anything....I THOUGHT I liked the Kissaluvs fitted because my son is thin and they fit him really well...so I stocked up on them but discovered that they don't absorb much...thankfully I realized this before I received my stash and didn't wash them yet...I plan to return them. Although, I will say that when I have another baby, I plan to order some size 0 Kissaluvs because I think that size is great for a small infant and it holds in that BF poo really well too...but for older babies, I think more absorbancy is needed...at least with my son! I have a couple of Little Beetle on the way to try and I have heard GREAT things about those. I didn't like any of my Ecobaby fitteds...they are super soft like an old sweatshirt but didn't fit Tommy very well and were really bulky. I have a couple of doodlebottom fitteds that are okay...absorb better than the Kissaluvs but not my favorites really...not super bulky but not trim. I think a lot of fitteds are kind of bulky in order to be absorbant (plus once you add the cover, they can get super bulky)....but have heard that the Little Beetle hemp lite is an exception to that rule...not sure though since mine isn't here yet. I'm finding so far that I like the pocket dipe the best...Fuzzi Bunz, Bum Genius and Mommy's Touch....I have a Happy Heiny too but haven't tried it yet....I thought that fitteds were the way to go but the more I use them, the less I like them....they are fine for being at the house (and I feel like they are comfy feeling on Tommy because most of them are pretty soft) but when we go out in public, I have a hard time fitting Tommy's carseat belts around him in the infant carseat because there's so much bulk there. The bulk does help his pants to fit better though since he's such a thin little guy! I probably didn't help a whole lot...sorry!

I just noticed that your two daughter's were born exactly 2 yrs apart! That is so neat! My two oldest are 2 yrs and 10 days apart...I was secretly hoping they would share the same b-day but it didn't happen....probably for the best since they were both 3 weeks early (all three of mine wre 3 weeks early actually)....I wouldn't have wanted my son to arrive even earlier than that to hit my daughter's b-day! But very neat that your kids were born on the same day!

·
Registered
425 Posts
The Thirsties hemp fitted that I have is my bulkiest diaper. I like Little Beetles because they are much more trim, but my favorite fitted is Loveybums because they dry so quickly. An inexpensive way to try some out would be to buy used.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I have been able to try the mother-ease fitteds and I really like them. I agree that kissaluvs are a nice fit for narrow hips BUT they aren't the best when it comes to absorbency. I wanted to try thirsties due to the price but I have read a lot of reviews and they absorb about as well as kissaluvs which I already have experience with. I do NOT however have experience with the loveybums mentioned here. Little beetles are great but pricey. HTH

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i only have a coule fitteds. kissaluvs, zoombaby gear, and a happy heiny hugger. the kissaluvs don't absorb much at all. I love my happy heiny, and the zoom baby gear is soooo cute!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.