Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out who to stalk for longies for our new babe. Because this is for a newborn (and I'm horribly itch-sensitive to wool), I want to buy only ultra soft and non-itchy wool. I've heard that Morwenna's (MM) NZ organic wool is amazing. What other wool soakers/longies are super soft and non-itchy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
i love Eco wool. And blackberry ridge wool. Those 2 are the softest wool I've ever felt. My kids always grab their eco shorts or blackberry ridge shorts first. My son will carry his around and yell at dh for grabbing a different cover.lol

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
The softest, least itchy wool soakers are the ones made out of hand-knit, undyed, organic merino.

I believe Tiny Birds just re-opened for customs.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrfath
I agree on the handpaintedyarn.com supersoft merino.

yup. it's super soft. tiny birds treliske merino is equally soft and lush. jenny is a dream to work with. we use tiny birds for overnight and they are virtually leak proof.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
LANA wool! I love the softness of my lana cover.
Loved it so much I ended up buying, the baby hat, booties, sweater and 3 blankets from Lana. I think what makes it supersoft is the fact that it is merino wool that has never gone through chemical washing (superwash). Chemical wash makes wool itch!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions!!

Quote:
i love Eco wool. And blackberry ridge wool.
Where do you get this? Do any WAHMs use it in their soakers/longies?

Quote:
Willow Wood Pond.
link for WWP?

Thanks! I'd love to knit some of my own in addition to stalking (I'm learning with acrylic right now cuz it's cheap), but I haven't learned to love double pointed needles yet (understatement) so I'm thinking of buying longies and just knitting my own soakers...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.