Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 25 weeks. I keep thinking of all these things I need to do, but then think" its too early" I can do it later. I want to buy the Amby, but its too early, I should wait.
what am I waiting for??
I need to sew diapers, but its too early, I'll do it in dec.

Its not like I have all the time in the world too, I am very busy with 3 kids and a business to run, and I want to have time to do it all. But I just cant get past the thought that if I do something baby related I will jinx myself.

I did buy 4 outfits at a resale shop, but thats it. I've gotten some wool soakers, and a couple diapers. I want to start organizing the closet and get a drawer unit for the babys diapers and clothes, but I keep convincing myself I shouldnt do it yet. WHY am I so paranoid??

·
Registered
624 Posts
It's okay! Go ahead and do it! I've been getting ready slowly but surely because I remember with my dd I was sooo tired the week or two before her birth that it felt hard to do anything. I can only imagine what it will be like this time with a child around the house and having just gone through the whole holiday season (I'm due mid-January). The sooner the better I think .

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Angie
I'm getting ready too. Having had 2 friends in the last year lose a baby at 7+ months I feel cautious but hey I am excited too. I also have 2 kids already and don't like to leave things till the last minute.
Rachel

·
Registered
699 Posts
Like I said on the other similar post, I started getting things together early in the first trimester - not so much out of excitement or jumping the gun, but because I just didn't want to leave everything to the end when I will be huge and not as able to get stuff done as easily, and plus it will be the busy holidays and I figured the less stress at the end the better!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yeah I have to stop myself from washing up all of DS's newborn clothes...I'd just have to wash them again! Last time I didn't get ready until way too late, didn't have enough of anything and had to go shopping when DS was in the hospital! Crazy. I think I was really apprehensive about taking care of a newborn and didn't know what I was doing. This time I just want the pregnancy to be over

I have made a lot of diapers, a few at a time, while sewing for my business. It's nice to know some of them are for *me* not other people. And I've bought several girly outfits since we found out it's a girl. And I put in a way too big order in the under the nile coop...most other stuff is waiting though. There isn't much I need to buy except a pack and play/bassinet for diaper changing, and I have to make sheets for the amby (always meant to with DS but never had a chance--pack and play sheets do NOT fit very well!!) and I've been knitting a lot. I've made longies and two newborn soakers. The longies are making me go eeeeeeeeeeeee every time I look at them. They have feet. I'll post a pic later.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I did something! I bought 3 nb/s covers off the tp! Got a nice deal.
LOL

I have been cleaning out my room and getting rid of junk, so it will be all that much easier when I start sorting baby clothes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.