Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not at all looking forward to telling my family that I'm pregnant again. Most of them are going to be snarky or straight up jerks about it.
Married or not, trying or oops, it doesn't matter to them. My sister has been married for about a decade and has planned each of her childre. Our *wonderful family* is costantly judging her for her big family and telling her she "should get that fixed".
I will be 40 when this one is born. I am unmarried and this was an oops after scheduling an appointment for a tubal.
I'm quite certain after telling the family, I will not care to speak to any of them aside from the previously mentioned sister.
But I can't not tell them. Can I?
How can I tell them without having to deal with the stress of their negative reactions?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I agree. You can be so blunt as to say "this is not up from discussion" "I do not need to justify my baby to you" "I do not choose to hear negativity about this kaaue". Find your boundaries and stick to them! You will be proud of yourself when you do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both!
I started off slowly. Told my very excited 6yo on Monday. On Tuesday excited 6yo told 12yo (it was her birthday), today I'll be telling my oldest and the other two.
Tonight I'll tell my parents. They can spread the news from there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm glad you decided to tell them. I think it's best to be straightforward and confident. They have a right to know, and you have a right to not care what they think about it. In 9 months, when you are holding your little one, you'll know their judgments were wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.