Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you do this and how far along were you when you did tell them?

Some history: I've been at my job for about a year. I was hired 5 mos pregnant, had my DD in November, and headed back to work on Feb.2, the day classes started again (I work in higher ed).

New baby is due in May.
: I directly supervise 6 people but have oversight of a department of just under 20.

· Registered
561 Posts
Wow, congratulations!! (We were in the same DDC for last Dec.)

I would think you'd want to tell your staff just before you start to show, or else there could be a strange gossip undercurrent... the only thing is that you might want to figure out how the reporting lines will be adjusted ahead of time, so that you can answer their questions--and it would be good to know that well in advance anyway in case you need to be out earlier (hopefully no bedrest or anything, but it'd be good to have a contingency plan just in case)

Do you plan to return to work again the following Fall or before? If you do, I'd also make sure to be clear with everyone about when you're planning to be back.

Hope it all goes well!

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! This is great input
And thanks for the congrats, too. A blessing for sure but goodness what a surprise

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks
I had lunch with my boss and several of our mutual friends today and it was super hard to not say anything! Now I need to decide if I am going to tell her as a friend first in a casual setting or if I should let her know before that as she is my boss?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.