Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any fun ideas? How do you plan to do it? Have you already?! We told our eldest, and she drew an awesome picture and had me stick it to my belly in order to tell our two boys. It was a hilariously accurate drawing of a baby, umbilical cord and placenta, complete with veins in the placenta (So proud. She's 8. I'm a midwife).
But, puzzling over the announcement to the general world. We love Padraig slippers, and a friend used a photo of a pair for each family member and a tiny pair for the baby to annouce a few years ago. It's sort of perfect, but feels like stealing! So, trying to come up with something similar but not exactly the same.

·
Registered
189 Posts
We are struggling with the same thing! For our first pregnancy we did this really cute announcement on facebook with our cars (my husband's obsession) and a cozy coupe! However, the day after we announced, we lost the baby. So for DS we kept it very simple and a lot of people missed it :). This likely will be our last pregnancy and I can't decide!! Also, since the midwife didn't try to hear the heartbeat at our first appointment bc it was still too early, we have held off on telling until after our next appointment. I will be 14 weeks by then :) I have even contemplated waiting another few weeks until we find out the sex!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I made this shirt last night (I made the vinyl for it weeks ago to tell dh ;) ), so...this is how we'll tell the kids (via the youngest -- 22 months -- wearing it). That's probably how we'll tell the grandparents too.

Trying to think of something clever for a FB announcement. My kids and I are huge HP fans, so I'd love to do "keeping up with the Weasleys" somehow... but since dh isn't into it, I'm not sure. Turns out, there aren't a lot of ideas out there for announcing baby #7 ?

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think a "keeping up with the Weasleys" announcement is as cute as it gets!!
We announced weeks ago because we needed help and prayer. It wasn't anything special because of the circumstances. I feel a tiny bit bad about that and I keep coming across friends and more extended family who don't know (kind of awkward as I'm obviously pregnant). So I'm trying to think of a fun way to announce the gender instead. Especially if it's a boy since I'm expecting to get sympathy instead of congrats since I already have 2 boys (and would love another!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.