Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an A+ company that is inexpensive if one exists. Who do you have your coverage with?

Theres alot of factors for a rate of course, but my dh is 39 I'm 36. My husband would fit in a preferred or standard and I'm standard since I'm pregnant and have gained too much weight. Both non smokers. $150,000 for dh & 100,000 for me

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Wow, those are low amounts, you shouldn't have much trouble finding something. We get ours through West Coast Life. Although I didn't get the preferred rate because I have asthma (thanks to my smoking dad

·
Registered
809 Posts
www.selectquote.com

They were great for us! We have $500,000 policies for very little, $25 and $45 a month. I am higher because I have a cancer history and actually mine is for $650,000. Mine is with West Coast Life and I think my DH is with Empire General. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Also, check with any groups you are a member of -- like credit unions or alumni associations. We get $100K on each of us through our credit union for $33/mo ($14 for me, $19 for DH -- who has high blood pressure too!). I recently got a mailing from the alumni dept at our college as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
551 Posts
We also went through www.selectquote.com and they were great! I think www.accuquote.com is the other big life insurance web group (they find you the company with the lowest rates). Mine is $20/month for $500,000.

Can I ask why you are asking for such low amounts though? Even for us, $500,000 is not that much money when you consider having to live off of it until our children are older. Just like "$1 million" sounds like a lot of money for retirement, but if you consider cost of living and spread that money out over 20 years it doesn't amount to more than an average middle class lifestyle.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
You could also check woth the company that your autos/home etc are through. Many companies will offer you a discount on your insurances if you have more than one line through them. That's how we can do it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuki View Post
We also went through www.selectquote.com and they were great! I think www.accuquote.com is the other big life insurance web group (they find you the company with the lowest rates). Mine is $20/month for $500,000.

Can I ask why you are asking for such low amounts though? Even for us, $500,000 is not that much money when you consider having to live off of it until our children are older. Just like "$1 million" sounds like a lot of money for retirement, but if you consider cost of living and spread that money out over 20 years it doesn't amount to more than an average middle class lifestyle.
I was only looking to pay about $50 or $60 a month and thats the choices I have to go with. I put a request through for selectquote to see what happens.

I also tried our credit union and was disappointed they don't offer it and our auto place was pretty high. I did receive a quote from Genworth and I'm thinking of going with them. My dh also has a couple other small policies to make his actually $200,000 and 8 times his salary would only be $240,000 which is what idealy your supposed to have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.