Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone dealt with termites? Were you able to find an exterminator who used safe/non-toxic methods? I just found a swarm *inside* our house and I can see where they're crawling in through a very small seam in the sliding patio door. I can only imagine what the framing looks like - and the entire door was replaced only 3 years ago. :(

·
Registered
290 Posts
We just had our home treated for termites a few months ago. There was a swarm in my garage, ick. I was terrified that we would have to have the house tented, but the company we used said they could spot treat instead with a relatively low toxicity borate foam. I did see some info online for non-toxic termite control methods, like using heat, but there seemed to be conflicting info on whether it was actually effective. When you're dealing with a pest that is eating your home, you don't want to mess around. As it is, I'm not 100% confident that all of them are gone, just the ones in the areas that were visible upon inspection. We went with the company that did the most thorough inspection as they found termite damage in areas that other companies missed.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fortunately I never faced any kind of pest infestation in my home. Recently, one of my friends called me and told me the same problem as specified above about termites and how did he have been able to control the infestation. Instead of wasting his time in DIY strategies he quickly called a professional pest control exterminator from west haven CT and cured this problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts