Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly(and a little off topic)-now that Athena is a year old,I dont know whether to consider her a baby or toddler
:BUt anyways.....I dont know how/what happened,but for the past 2 weeks every time I go to give Athena a bath she screams bloody murder,and the stands at the side of the tub clinging to me and screaming. Its not water temp.,she has toys,and she never had a problem before! Has anyone else had this happen?What did you do? I'm wondering if its because I was taking baths w/ her(only a few times though),and then stopped. I'm hoping that if I just keep sticking her in the tub she'll get over it??Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My dd did the exact same thing. She loved baths until one time when she was about 1 yr old. She screamed and cried and reached for me to get her out. All I had to do was climb in with her and hold her. She calmed down and started playing. I then got out, and she was fine. Try that. Get in with her until she is distracted. Then get out. If she still does it, I don't know

·
Registered
573 Posts
Exactly this same thing happened to us, at the same age...we did the "mama in tub" thing too, but what worked the best was to just put the tiniest bit of water (maybe 2 inches) in the tub--she seemed to feel much more comfortable that way.

good luck--it did pass pretty quickly (maybe 2-3 months) for us

·
Registered
114 Posts
One thing that we did was to take baths just for fun no actual cleaning took place. I think it was the hair washing that bugged him the most. Also we would take DS into the shower with us and wash that way.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PikkuMyy
How about letting her get in BEFORE you fill it up?
I tried this and the results were horrific. DS (also desperately terrified of taking a bath) flipped OUT whe I turned on the water, even a trickle. It set us back a good month.

I just get in with him. It's a hassle because it would be much easier if I could just put him in with one of his sisters, but really, he's only little for such a short time and someday when he's an obnoxiously stinky stubborn and monosyllabic 14, I'll remember "I used to wash your sweet little hair in my lap" and maybe I won't kill him :LOL

·
Registered
211 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PikkuMyy
How about letting her get in BEFORE you fill it up?
I hope you meant giving her a 'dry run' at sitting/playing in the empty tub since running water into it while the babe is there can be a serious scalding hazard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts