Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these before but they look like they would be very bulky. I think that weebees sells some. How do they compare in absorbancy to prefolds. I've thought about making my own terry flats out of some stretch terry for a better fit, but I thought that I would ask about it first before I end up with a stash that I don't care for.
:

· Registered
1,142 Posts
I tried making some out of stretch terry. I thought about the fit too. It was hard to find stretch terry that had a high enough % of cotton to be absorbant enough. Maybe stretch hemp something would work better. I am using stretchy hemp sherpa prefolds and jersey flats that Corey at Doodlebottoms made. The flats fit great! (let you know about the sherpa later, just got them today...

I made non-stretch terry rectangle flat diapers out of the cute colorful 100% cotton towels that are on sale her at Walmart for $2.50 each (can make 2-3 diapers per towel). Made them 15x18, serged the edges, and sewed a matching washcloth in the center so it opens trifold like a burrito to wash or stuff (like the eezi-gear eezi-folds open). Darn if they aren't cute! I can snappi them too. When the diaper's on, the soaker has four layers of terry. The body only has one, so it's not bulky at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.