Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello well we have been trying for a month and our tests were neg. jeez thoes suck
So I just wanted to check in...So after AF visits what is the best fertility time???is it right after???or a few days later I read about "dry days" anyone know...Anyway hugs to anyone else trying and testing neg.

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
I don't chart, but I have really good luck simply by checking my cervical mucous. When it starts to get stretchy to the point where I can stretch it around an inch I seem to be fertile. It is referred to as egg white cervical mucous (EWCM) because that is how it looks.

Sad for my dh, but I try not to have sex around the time I think it is going to appear so that I don't confuse seminal fluid with ewcm. I am pretty regular so I typically ovulate 14 -17 days after the first day of my last period. You are most fertile the last day of ewcm, but of course you don't know when that day will be until the next day.

Check out the Fertility friend site and you will find info there too.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
peacefulmom~ sorry
Negative test results suck...

The best time to bd is a couple of days befor you ovulate, until you ovulate. Most people ovulate about 14 days before their period starts. So, if you have cycles that last the same length consistently, that is one way to plan your bding. For example, if your cycles are usually 31 days long then you probably ovulate on day 17, 28 days long o on d14, 24 days long o on d10. But, if you don't have regular cycles, none of what I just said matters

Like Jish said, watch your cervical mucous, when you see that egg white cervical mucous (ewcm) get to it. Or as soon as your cm starts to look more watery and less creamy.

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is a great resource for women who are ttc. It might even be at your public library (that's where I found it).

I hope that you've seen the last of those negative tests!
{{{{{{BFP & Sticky Baby Vibes}}}}}}}

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Sorry about the test.

We are not TTC; in fact the wedding is not till April. BUT I had a neg test last month (first month of BC and even with foam I thought maybe....). It was very sad; I cried, even though it is for the best.

So I can not even imange TTCa nd getting neg test. I am sorry.

Keep it up. Took my little sister 17 months to get her now 4 yo.

Aimee

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey I just wanted to say thanks you messages felt good...and thanks for the advice love and luck to you all.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts