Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little guy is 18 months and in the last 2 days I've noticed that his testes are not in his scrotal sac. Even after having a warm bath they have not descended. This is unusual for him- Should I be going straight to a doctor for this or just watch to see what happens? Thanks for any input! And I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post....I'm not sure where else I should be posting. Take Care!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
DS2 is over 2 years old and his seem to go up and down. The ped pointed it out but she isn't concerned about it.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
DS's are up and down too. I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes I can push on his fat pad and they will come back down into the sac.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As of 20 mins ago they were back down so I guess I'm worrying for no reason! Thanks again for the input! It makes me feel much better! Julie

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybean0216 View Post
I've never noticed with my lo. I'm going to have to see. I had no idea they go up and down.
They go up and down naturally with temperature, in order to keep sperm "good". This is why you occasionally hear that a doctor recommends a guy wear boxers instead of briefs or breathable clothing to help with fertility. Gotta keep those sperm the right temperature! There is also a funny reflex - if you lightly run your finger tip on the inside of a male's thigh couple of inches down from his testes you can actually watch the the testicle ascend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.