Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for the other thread but I couldn't find it!

Here's my latest disaster:

https://flic.kr/p/3898211112
Apparently when allowed to incubate 24 hours, yogurt can become extremely pressurized! Watch out!

· Registered
4,696 Posts
Oh my gawd.

That is almost worse than my ketchup disaster of last week - a pint of homemade ketchup smashed on my stupid tile floor and I am *still* finding ketchup splashes in the oddest places...

· Registered
519 Posts
LOL! That's amazing! I think its great that you had the presence of mind to photograph it and share with us. Brilliant.

· Registered
8,340 Posts
Aw man, at least it's not sticky...

My friend left her kefir smoothie in a stainless steel thermos & it blew the lid off, actually broke the thermos. That was some mess.

· Registered
1,494 Posts
We sometimes make a Kombucha flavor with peaches.
This always causes a Champagne like effect upon opening.
It can be messy, but not as messy as the bottle we forgot.
I was doing some extra cleaning, and found an e-z cap bottle that had been partly drunk and then resealed, and forgotten.
We think it had been there for a good month.
I had no inkling what was going to happen when I popped the top.
Lets just say it was LOUD and it took me a while to clean the stuff off the ceiling and lights.

We also had one bottle that had sat in the back of the car, out of site for a while.
I went to clean it out, and knowing that it could be messy, I held it top down over the sink.
That thing went off like a rifle, and shot out of my hands and across the room!
My ears were ringing for a bit after that

Needless to say, we are very careful in regards to emptying our bottles fully now

· Registered
111 Posts
Ugghhhh...I haven't been having very good luck TF disaster-wise lately...LOL
A couple weeks ago, I dropped a HUGE container of soup, which spilled all over the floor (which is carpeted!!). I cried for awhile about that one!! And then last night I froze a gallon of chicken stock in glass jars, but didn't leave enough space at the tops (I THOUGHT i did!) so tonight after I got home from work, I realized they were both all cracked...so I had to wash about 1/2 of the stock down the drain to make sure there were no glass pieces left!! And I cut my fingers in two places doing it!
Oh, and every loaf of bread I've made thus far has not turned out. GRR.
I love cooking and am good at it, but I sure do have my fair share of disasters!!
Thanks for letting me vent!!

· Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
: Misery loves company!

I loathe flat bread. When it happens I grind it into breadcrumbs, make croutons & bread pudding & then don't tell anyone (but you all) it happened

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulaJoAnne View Post
We sometimes make a Kombucha flavor with peaches.

· Registered
4,541 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carley View Post
I searched for the other thread but I couldn't find it!

Here's my latest disaster:

https://flic.kr/p/3898211112
Apparently when allowed to incubate 24 hours, yogurt can become extremely pressurized! Watch out!
That is the craziest thing I ever saw. I make 24 hour yogurt all the time and never have trouble with it exploding. How did you manage that!!?? I never used a yogurt maker, and it look slike that is what you used. All I can say it Whoah!!!

(cute pics of your man and dd camping. so cute. reminds me of my dh. he loves the outdoors and was a wilderness survival teacher. he tries to take my 2 yr dd out out she just wants to run around)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.