Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very in to using food as medicine, so I'm hoping I can find some holistic approaches to ADD...mine and my DS's. I've learned to live with it and can function quite well, IMO...DH's opinion? well, that's another story. But the kids get fed, the house is neat, you get the picture.

My DS is 6 and soooo not able to focus, keep focus, stay on task, gets distracted horribly. I know he does awesome in school, and I think it's the structure, so that's good for him. At home? well, I'm not good with bringing the structure into play. I'm trying, but it's sooo not my nature.

My SIL mentioned that some foods are good for ADD and I'd like to see if eating/avoiding certain foods will help my son. We don't eat junk food, mainly whole foods and most everything from scratch - when I remember to make it LOL
... DH does enter into the equation junk food from time to time, but it's very few and far between as I can see a difference in our DS when eats something with HFCS, food coloring, and too many preservatives. I'm still getting DH on board, but with food costs, sometimes money wins and he gets junk...

Anyway, anyone know of any foods that help with ADD? Anything to eat? Avoid?

Thanks!!

· Registered
5,655 Posts
I'd check out the book Gut and Psychology Syndrome (aka GAPS diet) and/or the book Breaking the Vicious Cycle which outlines the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.