Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed their TF on a plane rear facing? Just wondering how easy/difficult it is. Can the person in front of you recline at all or do you need to get a front row seat? Does it take up a ton of room? I love the seat, but do find installation to be a PITA. The LATCH doesn't tighten very easily IMO. I'm mourning the loss of easy travel with my Snugride! Once you're at your destination-- every cab ride you take lugging that big thing around seems horrifying! Yes, I could get a GoGo Kids... but really? Do people who plane travel a lot buy a lighter weight smaller back-up seat for travel? Or the Safety First travel one?

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Yes, most seats will fit rfing on airplanes and yes you are allowed to.<br><br>
I haven't done it with a true fit though. I have with a snugride, a marathon, and a scenera.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Can you still use it without the headrest? I bet it would fit without the headrest, it takes up much less spce than a snugride that way. I have one, but haven't flown with it.<br><br>
We travel pretty regularly, and DD has only been in a cab once in her life. Is there a bus/train/other public transit option available where you're going? I've lived in a lot of places and most anywhere big enough to have an airport also had public transit.<br><br>
We use a scenara for travel, fyi it's cheap and light and has zero padding, but it does the job. But I still wouldnt' lug it about with me all day, it's pretty awkward.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have tried it without the headrest too and it was still very, very tight.<br><br>
I'm traveling with my Scenera next time around.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he's too big for the headrest. We don't have a trip planned yet, but we do travel on planes a few times a year, and the snugride was so easy these first 8 months. I don't like having to rely on public transportation only, for example in NOLA that would have been tricky with the places we were going. The TFP is just way too big to travel with though it seems like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts