Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother was medicated for ADD growing up. Several men in my family have been diagnosed with it as well.

I have a 3.5 year old boy and my mother was mentioning that some of his behaviors seem to fit the ADD profile.

Now, I think she's being sort of silly and that most of his behaviors are just age-appropriate 3.5 year old boy stuff, but it did get me thinking.

We have been gradually transitioning to a more whole foods/TF style of eating over the last nine months (hampered by budget concerns and uncooperative husband).

Since this is something my family seems prone to for whatever reason, I'm just wondering if there are particular foods/nutrients that I should focus on either maximizing or avoiding for my kids?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
If you can only make one change, change to raw milk.
WAPF has numerous testimonials from families with children diagnosed with ADD and ADHD.
Making that one change did the trick, although I would not discount the possibility of food allergies as well.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Add fermented foods, especially sauerkraut. Improving stomach acid helps to predigest proteins, leading to improved nutrient absorption and improved detox.

Here is more info about digestion, absorption and detox as it related to disease. Where to start? Help 101

Pat

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
High quality cod liver oil. And, while I don't think it'a a cure-all, most kids can benefit from good essential fatty acids and a really good diet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for your replies!

DS is intolerant of dairy, so we are already casein free. Going gluten free would be one of those things that the uncooperative husband would veto unless there is overwhelming evidence it's necessary.

What dose of CLO would be appropriate for a 3 year old?

Pat--thanks for that link.
I've been meaning to do more with fermented foods, so this is just the kick I need to order "Wild Fermentation."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.