Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD woke up before us this morning and was just playing by herself next to me. Every now and then I'd open an eye to make sure she was ok and the check on her. The last time I checked on her it was a good thing she was right there! She was doing this weird silent gag. So I bolted upright and flipped her on her side (she was on her back) and started patting her back. As I went to stick a finger in her mouth she projectile vomited. My baby was choking on her own throw up!
Had I not been there though I would have thought she just was being quiet or had fallen back asleep. She threw up so hard it went backwards and got in her little eyes.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Oh my gosh, you are SO lucky! What a scare I bet. That's why the whole sleeping on the back to avoid SIDS seems weird to me. What if they do have to throw up? They can't turn over to avoid such a scenario. Hope you guys are o.k.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
The nights my son is sick are the ones that I'm the most glad we cosleep. At the very least, I'm right there to comfort or provide support (my son had reflux and we had a lot of episodes like yours). I can't imagine a baby waking with an upset stomach and then throwing up all alone, it has to be really scary!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Happy everyone is doing ok. Well physically-I"m sure it really shook you up.
My DS#1 had reflux and he used to do the silent gag sometimes and it would freak me out and co-sleeping I would help him get it out if he had to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.