Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I've posted here much if at all, but about a year ago, when I realized I had to do something about my and the kids' dental health I think I must have read every thread, and both Kiss your dentist goodbye and Cure tooth decay.
At today's appointment, both my dental hygienist and my dentist complimented me on my teeth looking the best ever - and there was nothing to do for the dentist!

I did not do everything I read about.
What I cobbled together, in case somebody wants to be inspired:

I and my oldest rinse with Ultradex (as recommended by Kiss your dentist goodbye), then brush with Squigle. My four year old brushes with Squigle, will start using Ultradex soon. My two year old brushes with Spry tooth gel.

I do not rinse with Listerine every day but when I do, I rinse with a xylitol solution after I make myself, with just water and a xylitol stick (4 grams). I do not use ACT anymore as recommended by Kiss your dentist goodbye, because I just can't get over the tartrazine content.

We all brush with oral B professional care electric toothbrushes, according to age. We have an amazon subscription for new brushes monthly, so we remember to replace them. We replace the tooth brushes in your toiletry bags for every trip.
We eat xylitol chocolate drops after meals.

The parents take blue ice high vitamin butter oil/fish oil combination capsules. The kids get Nordic naturals CLO with D. Except for high summer, we take Thorne vitamin D/K2 drops. I haven't found a good way to get the high vitamin butter oil into my kids, they hate the taste. I try to stir Thorne citramins II minerals into their yoghurts, we parents take it straight.

We try to eat Primal/PHD. It doesn't work every day, but we have cut down massively on processed grains and sugar.

I hope DS1 will get a similar bill of dental health soon!

Von

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is so good to hear! I'm on a similar journey, it's daunting to think of how much I want to accomplish but it does seem to be working. I've noticed good results from using CLO and grass-fed butter liberally and also from oil pulling with EVCO... sounded so weird but the proof is in the pudding :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts