Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sad right now because none of my IRL friends are AP. Okay, maybe one. And she's my neighbor which is great, but that's hardly enough in a world full of Ferberized, formula-fed babies.

If this website were not here and I was a little bit less stubborn, I bet I would have given in to all that crap too. I'm just so thankful that you guys are here for support.

Yay.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I feel the same way!

I'm glad our parents are supportive, but our friends? They just don't get it. They are all very loving mamas, but they have been fed lies from so-called "experts" that they cling to.

About nighttime parenting, I have heard that I am doing something that will be "harder in the long run." I can kind of understand this, as sleep deprivation and having to transition a toddler to his own bed will probably be a challenge. However, is it not equally hard, if not HARDER, to CIO and ignore your child's cries?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, stupid experts and their silly notions. Sheesh.

It might be harder to transition to a toddler bed, but honestly one of my friends who has a toddler and has repeatedly done CIO (because "they had to, nothing else work work" - gah) with her toddler who would not move to a toddler bed and still wanted to sleep with them. They recently moved and had another baby and couldn't get their oldest to sleep for hours at a time.

IMO nothing works until the kid decides they are ready.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylecoj View Post
IMO nothing works until the kid decides they are ready.
yep. I've known so many people who have had to do CIO repeatedly. It "works" after "only" 3 or so nights of anguished crying, but then you have to start all over when something changes (weaning from bottle; teething; transitioning from crib; going on a trip; starting preschool or daycare; new baby sibling in the house; growth spurt or developmental leap; etc.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.