Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You mamas really know your stuff....
I had the worst, foulest stink problem with my dipes for weeks....I came here and read for maybe 15 minutes, followed your advice...and NO STINK - I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! (I needed Calgon for my super-hard water...I had build-up galore.)
I also threw my dipes in the dryer after they came off the line for 10 minutes with a lavender sachet...they smell heavenly.
As a relatively-new CD mama, I was ready to throw in the towel. Now I am happy and excited and anxiously awaiting 3 new wool covers and 3 new diapers!!! And dd loves her yummy-smelling fluffy dipes!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Katie,

So glad you came here before throwing in the towel! Isn't cloth diapering the best?!?!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Calgon! Take me away (from this stink!)

Hmmm I need to go get this. I've been washing my dipes in hot water several times over trying to get rid of the stink which just appeared this week.

I'm glad it worked for ya!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I didn't have stinky dipes, but I know our water is hard. I tried the Calgon yesterday
maaaaaaaaaan talk about suddsy.
my dipes ARE softer and do have a slightly fresher smell. Maybe I caught it before I got a buildup? Who knows, but I think I'll use this in my routine from now on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.